And who isn't wowed by a Martha Stewart wedding cake? Stay tuned for my next post - a peek at some of the stunning cake creations you can find in this book and on her website. It's a good thing!
Open the pages and you will find:
- How to decide what style and flavours are right for you, taking into account the season, location and theme of the event.
- Buttercream or fondant? Ganache or meringue? Useful charts explain the delicious materials bakers use so you can choose the ones that suit your taste and style.
- Creative ways to display your cake so it takes center stage at the reception.
- How to find and hire a baker, including questions to ask and contract considerations.
- Ideas for cutting costs without sacrificing quality or beauty.
- Everything you need to know about baking a cake yourself, with complete recipes as well as how-to decorating techniques with color photographs and reference charts.