PERFECT PROPOSAL

Wedding Paper Divas recently ran an Engagement Story Contest (unfortunately only open to US residents) and Chris & Courtney of Connecticut were the winners! Here’s their story as told by the bride to be…

My boyfriend Chris and I are avid skiers, so when he told me that the lifts at our favorite resort (Killington, VT) were opening early for season pass holders one Saturday morning, I couldn't resist. We got up early and managed to be the very first to get to the lift. Unbeknownst to me, Chris had been in communication with the mountain staff for months and had convinced them to open the lifts a half hour early just for the two of us. There were a lot of people getting their skis together behind us, so I didn't think anything of it at the time. The lift attendants played along and said it was going to be a beautiful day, but really busy since it was a special weekend for pass holders.

About half way up the lift, Chris brought my attention to the returning chairs on the opposite side. There was a sign on the back of the chair that said, "Hi hunny!" I didn't catch on right away, but there were a total of 16 signs on the chairs that passed, each with a special memory or inside joke from our time together. When we got off the lift, the last sign at the top of the mountain said, "Will You Marry Me?". We clicked our skis off, Chris got down on one knee, said some of the nicest words anyone has ever said to me and asked me to marry him. I said yes, and then two of our best friends came out of the background holding cameras and champagne glasses with our names engraved on them. We toasted on the top of Bear Mountain!

Photo Credits: CRL Media Group

No comments:

Post a Comment