Sought after professional wedding planner Joan-Anne Cantley is the brains behind Viva la wedding - the first wedding coordination service of its kind in the Ottawa area to specialize exclusively in Wedding Day Management. Catering to the bride and groom who are passionate about the planning process and excited to experience it together, Viva la wedding steps in when the fun of developing your theme is over and a professional is needed to make sure all your hard work pays off and your vision is flawlessly executedon your big day.
Joan-Anne initially meets with each couple soon after they set their date to discuss the basics and then again at the two month mark to talk details. From this point on Joan-Anne becomes your right hand (wo)man. Working closely with each couple and their vendors, her goal is to ensure you have a stress free day and enjoy being the guests of honour at the wedding of your dreams.
Viva la wedding’s strong reputation grew through Joan-Anne’s desire to listen, understand and respect her clients’ wants and needs; her ability to create the perfect fusion of function and style; and her insistence on collaborating with only the best vendors the Ottawa area has to offer. Her clients immediately recognize her enthusiasm and commitment to their wedding. She knows the planning process down to every last detail and is the adhesive that bonds all the elements of your wedding together. She works hard, laughs often and genuinely loves what she does.
Joan-Anne Cantley had successfully coordinated many weddings for other couples before becoming a bride herself however it wasn’t until her own wedding that she discovered just how tough it is to play both roles.
“Hiring a professional to help plan your wedding and manage the day of has become a 'need' for most brides rather than a 'nice to have' and I can certainly see why. Being your own coordinator doesn’t leave you with much time to enjoy being the bride. So much work goes into planning the perfect wedding you should be able to sit back and savour the day when it finally arrives. What bride wants to be worrying about the décor of the room, where to seat that unexpected +1 guest, or when to walk down the aisle. All you should have to worry about is saying I DO."
A WPIC Certified Wedding Coordinator with several years of practical experience, Joan-Anne combined her strength in organization and attention to detail along with her love of all things wedding related and created a career planning and coordinating unforgetable weddings. Your wedding can be unforgettable too.
Wedding Day Management
Don't let the name fool you, Wedding Day Management covers more than just the 'day of'. Services begin from time of booking.
(Services are not limited to those listed and will be discussed, along with pricing, during the initial consultation)
• Informal discussion (via phone, email, or in person) of ceremony location, reception venue, theme/style of wedding, rough timeline, services and expectations, pricing, etc
Throughout the planning process:
• Vendor referrals • Advice and guidance
Six to eight weeks prior to wedding day:
• In depth planning meeting to review progress since initial consultation and discuss wedding day in detail* • Create checklist of outstanding tasks • Review vendor contracts • Create wedding day timeline • Ongoing consultation via phone and email throughout the six to eight weeks
Week prior to wedding day:
• Meeting to finalize wedding day details* • Distribute timeline to vendors and confirm contract details • Supervise rehearsal and lead if no on-site church coordinator present
*One of these should be an on-site venue meeting
• Manage wedding day timeline • Coordinate vendor arrival and set-up at ceremony and reception venue • Assist with basic décor • Distribute remaining vendor payments and gratuities • Crisis management and use of wedding day emergency kit • Organize gift collection • Assistant included (if required) • Supervision of vendor tear-down (if requested, additional charge)
• Follow up with bride & groom
Let's Grab a Latte
We love drinking lattes and talking about weddings. Not necessarily in that order. Lets get together and do both!
Please contact us to see if your date is still available.